Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Cards for my sweets



I've made our Valentine's ornaments and completed our Valentine's tree for this year. But it was TWO days before Valentine's and I had yet to create cards for my sweet boys. So here we are.

I'm pleasantly surprised as to how cute these turned out. I really had no recipe to follow, didn't copy anyone's card at the scrapbook store, or get ideas from all the fabulously creative people from a magazine. These were truly my own creation and therefore, much more satisfying when done.

Filigree Heart Card
Cut 5.5" x 8 1/2" red cardstock and folded in half. Used corner rounders to round every corner. Cut 2" x 5.5" turquoise printed paper, rounded the top corners and glued to top half of card. Used white cardstock to cut the scalloped border with Accent Essentials Cricut Cartridge in 1/2". Cut this in half and glued one half where the red and the turquoise printed paper meet, to the left edge of the card, and the other half to the right edge of the card. Used pink glitter cardstock and the Wedding Cricut Cartridge to die cut a scalloped hear at about 4". Used white cardstock to cut the complementing filigree heart. Glued the filigree to the scalloped heart and the whole thing to the card, over the white scalloped border, covering the torn edges in the center.

I {heart} U Card
Cut 5.5" x 8.5" red cardstock and folded in half. Cut 2.5" x 5.5" pink striped printed paper and glued to top half of card. Used turquoise printed paper and the Accent Essentials Cricut Cartridge to print 2 funky borders, and glued them to the card where the red meets the pink. Used pink glitter paper to cut I and U with a cricut cartridge at about 3.5" (skips my mind exactly which one at this moment in time), and the heart was cut using the Accent Essentials Cricut Cartridge at about 3.5". Used the turquoise printed paper to cut a shadow of the heart. Glued the pink on the turquoise heart. Glued the I and the U on the card, then used 3M foam tape to adhere the heart overlapping the I and the U. Wrapped a red ribbon around the heart for added whimsy.

Quick, simple and oh so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.